On Seeing A Door

 My door to the other side

comes at night

daytime has hours minutes lassitudes

but when the Goddess appears

she has no clock may come 

as the good witch, brews

time in her cauldron

shakes the beast 

and my wings unfold

True I cannot flybut I can drink

and what light there is

I can pour from my mouth

as any dragon does

Then i can discern what is different 

that Time has separated

my heart knows itself

language has no meaning

red is still red

things are what they still remain unmoved

I love my Goddess but she can be cruel

and Night will fade, turns me human again

the clock will reappear

leaves me frozen in this white light I am

the snowman

who sees but cannot measure

who senses but cannot forestall doom

At the moment I crave my door to Infinite Light

with its promises it cannot keep

its light that dies by itself

that I don't see coming


Comments

Popular Posts