Penance on Gold Mountain

 

I’m doing penance on gold mountain

Pushing rock and driving train.

I pull the rock that brings the gold from under ground.

I’ll be here for weeks pulling the earth up over.

When I cry the lead from me falls to the ground

Useless until you touch them,

When they turn by themselves into gold.

It is an old story, my crimes

Are not bad, but it is the isolation here

That purifies, and the clean air

Of your serious smile,

Which makes my burden worth pulling.



A man says, I’d sure like to know the layout

Where I really work,

But I know I can’t give that away.



And leave me here forever.

But it’s the gold he’s after,

As we all are, and I wait

For your touch to change me back again.

I’m not used

That way- I tell hm - the

Alchemy

The love the deeper things are

The more gold you can give away.

Take me serious I tell him,

And I’ll come back for you.

Comments

Popular Posts